It has been seen that blogging jobs are becoming more popular and in demand as the internet forever increases. People like the idea of waking up at 10am, chilling out and then writing a blog every 1 or 2 hours. It sounds perfect: you do little work for lots of money. This stereotypical image people portray is wrong. You may find yourself having to create around 10 articles a day at 500+ words long. If that sounds easy, try and think of ten different ideas to write 500 words about. It’s difficult. Therefore, once you know you want a blogging job, are capable of a doing one and motivated enough to start a one, you can then look to the internet to find the right job for you.
Before I start things off, the best way you can get yourself a blogging job is to start a blog yourself. This will help you in many ways:
- Tells a lot about yourself. If you have had the initiative and desire to start a website from scratch, the blogging employers will look at you different as someone who can independently work.
- Practice your skills. You may find that you don’t have the skills needed to acquire a blogging job. Therefore, through practising blogging as a part time hobby on your own website will get yourself used to the concept of blogging. Blogging is totally different compared to many jobs out there. From this, it is a great idea to learn from your mistakes on a blog where you are able to do mistakes.
- Become a full time blogger. In creating a website, you may have hit the jackpot and produced valuable articles that get thousands of views a month (it is possible to do this because I have done this myself!) If you find your website to be successful enough, you can question whether you actually need a blogging job or not because your website may be making enough money to make yourself self-employed. That’s the great thing about starting a website. You have something to fall back on which provides consistently safe traffic and revenue.
Once you have a website that is getting good traffic, you can then think about applying for blogging jobs. The question is, how do I find the right blogging job for me?
You need to look at yourself and the type of person you are. You need to know that the blogging job you want you will have to write many many articles about. Therefore, make sure you will write about something you enjoy writing about. A negative blogger will shine through to their audience.
The first place you should look for blogging jobs on the internet is Google. Simply type the job you want (e.g.if I wanted to be a car blogger, I would type in ‘car blogging jobs’) and see what results you get. If you are not successful, there is one other place you can try where you are guaranteed high quality blogging jobs.
Problogger jobs is one of the most visited sites on the internet for bloggers who want jobs. This means that lots of websites advertise on the site in hop of finding the right blogger for the job. With over 40 jobs on offer usually, you are sure to find the right job. If not, bookmark the page and revisit it in a few weeks time. Blogging jobs come and go on Problogger jobs a lot.
Once you have found the right job, you will then need to make a blogging CV. What are your achievements? What makes you right for this job?
- You have a website.
- You have been writing for a long time now.
- You are passionate about the topic.
- You are an expert in the topic.
- You may have experience in the topic.
- You are the right person for the job.
A word of warning is that you will not get every job you apply for. Employers must get 100s of applicants for one job decreasing the chances of you getting it. However, if you don’t get many replies to job offers, don’t give up. The right job will turn up for you in time.